hiv confidentiality

I am a nurse practitioner in a CBO & am looking for a training video on HIV confidentiality regs in NYS. I have contacted NYSDOH & Aids Institute, but neither have anything available. Are you aware of a source for HIV/AIDS specific training videos for staff working with this population?

Response from Ms. Breuer

If you're sure it has to be a video, no. There is solid information on HIV confidentiality regs in NYS available from the website of the New York State Dept of Health at www.health.state.ny.us/nysdoh/rfa/hiv/full63.htm. But states produce videos on subjects for which they have ample funding. Part 63 of state law isn't one of them.

I produced a summary of this information for the newsletter of a health care organization called Fidelis in New York about a year ago. The work was managed by a company called Cicatelli and Associates at 212.594.7741. Perhaps if you contact them, they could provide copies of the newsletter. (Since it was work for hire, I do not have rights to the text.)

Small company group insurance and disclosure
Dried Blood?