HIV/AIDS in the Workplace

Hi my name is Mary,

I am a graduate student and I am coducting a research paper on HIV/AIDs in the workplace. How can companies better accommodate HIV/AIDS positive patients in the workplace? How can companies give other employees the assurance that they will not get the virus if they employ an employee who has AIDS.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Mary, this is an enormous topic. I suggest that you begin by reading other responses to questions in this forum. Then go to www.aidsfund.org, the website of the National AIDS Fund. They are the only national non-profit organization that focuses on HIV in the workplace. For helpful tips for managers/supervisors, go to the CDC website (www.cdc.gov) and follow the AIDS links to their Business Responds to AIDS manager's kit. As you go, be aware of the available links. But you'll find plenty of information at the National AIDS Fund site. Good luck.

Just Diagnosed who should I tell
Undectable, Can I pass an insurance lab test for aids?