Medical confidentiality

Are the health care monitors of a city goverment agency required to give specific diagnoses [HIV and other] of the employees they monitor, to the head of the agency, who is a non medical person?

Response from Ms. Breuer

There isn't enough detail in your question to allow me to answer it. I'm not sure what "health care monitors" means. Insurer? Industrial medical group? Benefits managers? In general, there is no reason for the head of the agency to have this information, since anyone who has it can be accused of using it rather than performance to evaluate someone on the job. If I were the head of the agency, I'd refuse the information. That's all I can tell you based on your question.

HIV+ in a small company
Finding a Job