Trying to get insurance with undetermined HCV

In applying for individual insurance (beyond the two month lapse of last insurance), do I have to reveal to them a hepatitis anti-bodies test if it was taken confidentially by an out-of-town doctor (is this unlike taking it with an 800-call-in confidentially test approved by the FDA)? It showed antibodies for C but the only thing this doctor could say was that, if it was positive, it wasn't active. I'm still not sure if it may have been a false positive as I haven't taken any tests to "confirm" it yet. Am I considered "diagnosed"?

I also think this doctor used my name when he submitted it to his lab, even though I requested him not to--he said it didn't matter. Can this come back and bite me with insurance underwriters? Can they purge this out of all the labs in the state?

If I apply and pass the requested blood tests, am I obligated to share the antibodies test with them when I'm not sure if it's valid or not? Does any of the tests, without a diagnosis, constitute a pre-existing condition?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

The only advice I can give you with respect to answering questions on a questionnaire for insurance coverage is to answer truthfully. If you conceal information, collect benefits and it is later determined that you concealed information, this could result in retroactive cancellation of the coverage.

Disability Denial of Claim
INS.coverage cotinuing