Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Disability Denial of Claim
Sep 24, 2002

Hi, I am HIV+, have peripheral neuropathy and diabetes II. Because I recently underwent surgery for CTS, my insurance co. now wants to deny me benefits. I wil be 66 next Jan. and have been on disability since Feb. 2000. The possibility of my returning to work are nil (suggested: urban planner, safety manager, etc., especially due to fatigue, neuropathy, meds schedule, and depression (take effexor). What advice can you give me so that I can retain my disability insurance? I worked from the time I was twelve until Feb. 2002.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Disability benefits under a disability plan are only paid until age 65 or if you became disabled after age 59, the plan will pay for only a stated number of years (check your plan for the number of years). The reason for this is that at age 65, you are eligible for Social Security.

Previous
What does a self-insured plan mean?
Next
Trying to get insurance with undetermined HCV

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.