Disability Denial of Claim

Hi, I am HIV+, have peripheral neuropathy and diabetes II. Because I recently underwent surgery for CTS, my insurance co. now wants to deny me benefits. I wil be 66 next Jan. and have been on disability since Feb. 2000. The possibility of my returning to work are nil (suggested: urban planner, safety manager, etc., especially due to fatigue, neuropathy, meds schedule, and depression (take effexor). What advice can you give me so that I can retain my disability insurance? I worked from the time I was twelve until Feb. 2002.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Disability benefits under a disability plan are only paid until age 65 or if you became disabled after age 59, the plan will pay for only a stated number of years (check your plan for the number of years). The reason for this is that at age 65, you are eligible for Social Security.

What does a self-insured plan mean?
Trying to get insurance with undetermined HCV