|75 with Medicare
Sep 24, 2002
I am 75. If proven HIV+, what can I expect from Medicare?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Check with Medicare. There should be an 800 number you can call. Or ask your doctor to explain what Medicare will cover with respect to treatment. However, Medicare does not cover prescription drugs. So you should consider looking for a Medigap policy. You can contact any local insurance agent re what types of Medigap policies are available.
Self-employed, HIV+ and no life insurance
When can I get individual insurance?
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Hepatitis B Test Return A False Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.