Self-employed, HIV+ and no life insurance

I am self-employed and do not have any life insurance. Thus far, my search for an insurer has been very disappointing. Have there been any changes in policies or providers that would allow me to purchase a plan, or do I still have only the "group insurance" option? I got Hepatitis A about the same time as I was diagnosed with HIV so my numbers were way beyond the accepted numbers for the "impaired risk"--my CD4 count dipped just below 200 then (194) and my viral load was over 600,000. Although I am on meds and have been very healthy and taking excellent care of myself, my CD4 count is nearing 400 and my viral load is undetectable. Where can I go to find information about life insurance for the HIV+? Or, as I am afraid, has nothing changed?

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Unfortunately, I do not think you will be able to purchase an individual life insurance policy because you are HIV+. If you were to be employed at a company that offers group benefits and one of those benefits was life insurance, you would get coverage under that plan as part of the group policy. However, you will not be able to purchase an individual policy.

Nursery concerns
75 with Medicare