Hiv Discrimination in the workplace

My Name is Michelle, I live In South Florida, I went back to work after not being able to in 5 years, I have over 1,100 T-cells, I was working 40 hours a week, I loved my job so much, I was doing awesome, I have letters from the Owners, My Reviews were all above standards & outstanding, well i had surgery after 4 months on the job, due to my hiv & I missed approx.10 days, I disclosed my Hiv Status to my employer, 3 days later, My Job(Position) was taken away from me, due to the fact that my employer said i was unreliable, they would not work with me or comprimise, they wanted to put me in another position which i did not qualify for & there was no opening, i asked the supervisor that is what she told me, Then i used the open door policy,I was written up for everything you could imagine and was told if i didn't sign the paper things would not get better for me at work, my employer also refused to give me a copy of this , I did not sign it & i told them due to this "Hostile work enviroment" i was not quitting my job, but i couldn't work under these conditions, SO now i no longer have a job there, and i desoerately need help , i need a attorney, I am having panic attacks as a result of this & this has had me so stressed out & its now affecting my health, I also had a witness with me in 1 of the meetings. I need Help & Guidance, Can anybody help me? I am on SSDI i was on the trial work program I feel violated & my Hiv Status was revealed to others in the company without my permission, and i am extremely upset. I didn't want this to happen , all i wanted was my job & Now it is in the newspaper. THank you so much, I feelthe employer has violated ADA & my Rights.

Response from Ms. Breuer

You are right. You need a lawyer. Contact your local AIDS Service Organization for a referral to an HIV-knowledgeable attorney. Most large ASOs (such as Miami?) have referrals to lawyers who will advise you at no or low cost.

In the meantime, collect in one folder all of your performance appraisals and anything that proves that you were doing well. Please do not delay.

I do wish you had not disclosed your status. You didn't have to. And I wish you the best. It sounds as though you do have a case, but from now on, you need a lawyer, not a website.

Research on problems with employee privacy issues
When Does AIDS Become A Public Problem Not A Social Liberty