clean needlestick through bloody glove

I am a nurse and I have a question concerning HIV transmission. In December, I was placing an IV in a patient wearing gloves. During the procedure, I got a small amount of blood on my gloves. I proceeded to draw blood off the IV for blood tests which probably took 1-2 minutes. When I was drawing up a saline flush, I accidently pricked by finger with a clean needle. My question is if the needle passed through an area where blood was present, what are the chances of HIV transmission. I immediately took off my gloves and washed my hands. I did bleed but the place where I was pricked you could barely see and the needle was a 23gauge needle. I know HIV does not live outside the body very long. If the amount of blood was small should the blood have been dried by then? I did not report this incident because it was a clean needle. Then I started to think maybe there might have been blood on my glove where I stuck myself. Please answer because it really worries me. Thanks.

Response from Ms. Breuer

The scenario you describe sounds as though you indeed were dealing with dried blood on the glove. I have never heard of an infection resulting from blood punched through a clean glove, and you managed the situation well with your immediate handwashing. Please put your mind at ease by discussing this with the infection control person at your workplace.

worried mom
HIV admittance