T-20 and safety concerns

Dear Nancy:

I'm currently on Clinical Trial calledd T-20 were that's first fusion inhibritor, were I need to run with my all equipment include needles. I usually take my firts T-20 @ 11:00 a.m. or after lunch at my work place, were it's medical clinical building, were I can dispossed my needles in any biohazard box, but unafortunelly, all my needles I need to returned to my Clinical Trial research coordinator montly include also T-20 vials. My question is due situation on past September 11, 2001, all U.S. all concerns forcement and stronger safety supervision, just only on airports but maybee they will started to due same process on trains and public transportation. My questoins is: If any method or docuements I need to find to give to my medical provider (MD) for signed and then I get any kind of identification (license) to transport this kind a (serynges)??? Thanks for you support

JS

Response from Ms. Breuer

Since your need for the syringes is clearly a medical need, I recommend that you take two actions: contact the airline you fly most frequently or the form of transportation you need to use (Amtrak? local train system?) and ask them how to handle this situation with them (their policy will be the same as or very similar to other airlines and train or bus systems) and then obtain a letter from your physician on his/her letterhead stating that you have a medical need to keep these syringes with you. Contacting the transportation company ahead will help you manage two things: the syringes and the anxiety! Good luck with T-20!

HELP ME, MY HIV IS UNPREDICTABLE!
Pre-Employment Medical Questionnaire and Disclosure of HIV