For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Hope I didn't get it feom worker..

I hope you can alieviate my fears. My co-worker, another cashier is new. I have no idea the HIV status, but she got her abraised, maybe cut skin on my abraised/cut skin while handing me money. I'm scared and this is no way to live/work as you can imagine. I know that this may be a work/transmossion question, but couls you please, please help me out? I'm not sure what to do. I haven't founs any info in the forums regarding this question, so can you please, please help me out? IS this considered casual cintact and if it is, I won't get it becasue it's like a handshake? Thank you so much!

Response from Ms. Breuer

You will be much happier as a 21st century employee when you learn more about how HIV is transmitted. Your situation is indeed casual contact. You did not exchange blood. Please take another look at the sections of this website that explain transmission so that you will not have to be so fearful, okay?

family leave
Unbelievable story but it is true