New Job

If I am hiv+. are there any issues I need to be aware of in starting a new job? Do some companies require physicals? If so how do answer medication questions? I have large lipo fat deposits(hump,back of neck,abdomen), what will an examiner say? What can they say?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Great questions. Some companies require physicals, depending on the type of job. You're unlikely to face a physical if you've taken a desk job, but as a truck driver, or operator of machinery, you'd probably face one.

The purpose of any pre-employment physical is to determine if you're physically able to do the job. It isn't designed to be a complete body scan! If any examiner were to ask about the fat deposits, I would recommend replying that they're a response to medication,and they're probably temporary. If you're asked about the condition, simply explain that you're being treated for an infection. Period.

Without more detail, I can't offer more advice. Emjoy the job!

CMV & Pregnancy
CPR Training and Use