|Hep C tansmission Through blood to eye
Jul 15, 2002
What is the rate of becoming seropositive for Hep C when contacted by blood in the eye in a minute quanity from a positive hep c patient.
Response from Dr. Dieterich
It would be almost unheard of. Mucosal transmission of hepatitis C is not really an issue. It really has to be a stick through the skin to present a serious risk. Make sure your hepatitis A and B vaccines are up to date. DTD
Another Hippa question
CMV & Pregnancy
- Swallowing Cum Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Does HIV Cause Ache In Testicles?
- Burning Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Female Condom To Prevent Bleeding During Sex
- How Do I Cure Painful Spots On My Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.