Another Hippa question

I htink yiu hae abnswererd similar questions, but I need to know about this.

I am a 39 yr old employee with a group insurance poilicy. I was diagnosed with cancer and HIV in Dec. 2000. I am cancer free, and the HIV is under control with meds. The insurance was grear. I have an oppotunity to change jobs. I would go from one group policy to another, with no break in job or insurance. So, even with a pre-existing condition (HIV) and a recent illness (cancer), am I correct in thinking that I will be covered for the HIV meds I need, and any further cancer issues (if that happens), in the new job? Does life insurance coverage work the same way? I would be leaving one group life ins. policy for another group life insurance policy. Thanks for helping me clarify this.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you take a new job and the employer offers health and life insurance under group programs, you would be eligible for health coverage and life insurance. Even if the new health plan has a pre-existing condition clause, your period of coverage under your prior employer's plan would count towards that period and it cannot exceed 12 months. However, you cannot have a break in coverage of greater than 63 days for these rules to apply. This means that if your new employer has a waiting period, you should take COBRA from your prior employer to guarantee that you have no break in coverage.

work knowing about meds
Hep C tansmission Through blood to eye