Testing in another State without my insurance

Dearest Experts, Any advice you can give me, I remain indebted to you forever. I am very scared and confused. I live in NJ and have just recieved private individual health insurance through HMO. I am unsure of my status. I really wanted to go see an ID doctor to have them run some tests on me that i would like to pay for without using my insurance but i fear that going for this in New Jersey might send a red flag to my private insurance even if i dont use it when i go for my testing and they will cancel my policy. Is it possible to go to another state such as Penn or Delaware or Connecticut and see an ID doctor without using my insurance. If i dont use my insurance when i test out of state; i.e. out of New Jersey, can my insurance still find out and cancel my policy since it is brand new. I would much rather have a specialist test me and look me over than go to an anonymous testing center and wonder if i can be satisfied with the results. Please help me, I am sure that others at this site might have the same concern. Thanks a million. You are all angels.

Steve

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You already have the insurance and there is no medical record prior to getting this insurance of your HIV status. I would recommend that you get tested anonymously. If you are positive, you should use your HMO. Your confidentiality is mandated by federal law.

New Job. Can I cut it?
False Positive for Marijuana