Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

WORKPLACE INCIDENT ,VERRY VERRY SCARRED
Jun 17, 2002

hello i'm 24 jears old and i have a question about an incident that has hepaned at work two days ago ,this incident is dryving me crazy and i feel really worried and have no energie left because of the constant worries!!

i had cut myself on the top of my finger on a karton box,what worries me is right before i had cut myself someone else was working with the box also and i noticed he had a lil cut also ,but i'm not sure iff this had hapened right before i had cut myself,i saw no blood on his cut and i saw no blood from annother person on my hand or near the wound exept my blood ,the reasson why i know is because the blood was only on the wound it was not trinkeling down and it wasn't even bleeding that bad it was only bleeding for like 10 sec ,now i'm verry woried that what if in fact that guy had cut himself right before me and what if some blood would have touched my wound? is this a case where i should go for a hiv test or is it 100 safe to say that there is no need to worrie what so ever?

its been 5 days ago that i had a hiv test (nothing to do with this case) and now a few days later i'm woried again about a possible exposure, does this mean that i have to go through annother test in 3 months , i really cant take this annymore the constant worrieing about everything i touch is driving me crazy i'm only 24 and i feel like i dont have a life left ,

should i get tested for what had happened in the workplace??

please reply as soon as posible ,i dont know what to think and i need some profesional help and awnsers,i'm too scared to go to my doctor again with this question he will think i'm crazy because i just did a hiv test ,i'm to scared to talk about this with my friends because they will aslo start to think i'm going crazy ,everytime something hapens or i cut myself i get so scared for hiv and i cant get this out my head ,i dont feel like doing annything all i do is worrie

please reply

Response from Ms. Breuer

Your question is a common question about transmission. Please go to the transmission explanation on this website and learn more about why you were not exposed to HIV in this incident. Anything that worries you this much deserves a few hours of your time online learning about how HIV really is transmitted. From TheBody.com there are wonderful links to other HIV information websites that will give you reliable information about transmission.

Previous
sexual harrassment if co-worker uncomfortable with gay/hiv status?
Next
studing about aids harassment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.