|employment after disability
May 10, 2002
I WAS IN AN AUTO ACCIDENT AND HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK FOR TWO MONTHS. MY DOCTOR EXPECTS ME TO OUT FOR ANOTHER 3 MNTH. I AM WORRIED THAT I WONT HAVE A JOB WHEN I AM READY TO GO BACK. CAN MY EMPLOYER TERMINATE ME OR HIRE SOMEONE FOR MY POSITION BECAUSE OF MY DISABILITY?
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
A company only has an obligation under FMLA to keep a position open for 12 weeks. After that, provided they gave you the proper FMLA notice, they can replace you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Thrush Sign Of Seroconversion
- Sex With A Prostitute And Negative HIV Test
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
- Are Pimples A Sign Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.