Need help with copays

I just went on disability because i'll be going for a stem cell transplant,still doing chemotherapy.I applied for state disability and receive 63.57 per day.I'm on so mant medications now and with multiple doctors appointments my copays are over 350 per month,is there any subsidity i can apply for to help.Then in 8 weeks i have to pay for my insurance through cobra.There is no way i'll be able to afford this expenses with my everyday expenses.Is there any help for someone in my situation.Thank you.

Response from Ms. Donnelly

There may be some programs available to help you with co-pays and even premiums but it does vary greatly state to state and also by disease or condition. I am familiar with programs set up to help people living with HIV/AIDS. You didn't mention your status in your question. If you are dealing with cancer, I would think that the best idea would be to check with state or local cancer groups to see if they have ideas, or better yet, a benefits counselor or case manager available to help you research your options.

If you are diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, there may be a state or local program available to you to help with these expenses depending, again, on where you live. These programs are generally funded through the Ryan White CARE Act. So once again a good source of initial assistance is a local AIDS Service Organization. You should also try your state Office of AIDS or similar state department. If you have trouble locating state assistance, you can call the Project Inform hotline at 1-800-822-7422 and an operator may be able to assist you.

Testing for life insurance
Not disabled, no ins., off meds for 4 yrs., low income, need help