The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Working in the US
Mar 14, 2002

Hi, I've been offered a High School teaching job in the States (for state schools) and I want to know if once there I will have to go through a physical examination in order to get the job or the insurance. If so, will they test me for HIV?? If not, will I be able to get my meds from the insurance company? Could you refer me to an Email address or web page where I can found information about HIV and Inmigrant Visas to the USA ? (the program will give me a "J" visa). Thank you PD

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I suggest that you contact an immigration attorney with these questions.

Disability Insurance
medication side effects and work

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint