Group Life Insurance

Hi -- we have a life insurance coverage at work that is provided at no cost to me. The amount is 30,000. I have been with this company about 3 yrs, and tested positive about a year ago.

My question is, will this be the only "shot" i have at life insurance again? Should I sell this insurance to get the money now? I am 25 and in good health. My company is a little shakey, so if they go under, I dont want to lose the insurance and never be able to get any life insurance again.

Thanks!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you were to leave your company, there might be a conversion provision in the policy that would allow you to convert the coverage to an individual policy with the insurance company. If you went to work for another company that offered company-provided life insurance under a group life insurance plan, you would get coverage there. However, if you applied for an indvidual policy on your own, you would not qualify.

LabOne?
Drinking water from a bottle of an HIV Person?