Trusted source?

Hi, and thank you for your tireless efforts in helping people - you are all very special!

My question(s) is/are pretty simple, but one that may help me with my anxiety. I had a relatively low risk exposure in October, 2000 (unprotected insertive oral sex and protected vaginal sex with someone of unknown status). In June, 2001 I applied for life insurance in which a nurse was sent to my home to collect blood and urine specimens for the routine labwork. She mentioned an HIV test, and it was discussed on the consent form that I signed, but as I did not see the results, I am not sure that one was done. I was issued the policy, so I assume that if they did one, the results were negative, right? Was this sufficient time to allow my body to create antibodies (8 months)? Is this a reliable source to say that am not infected? Do you think that they even did a test?

Thank you, your response will be very helpful to me!

p.s. I am a 30 year old male and the policy was for 200,000 if that matters!

Response from Ms. Breuer

Trust us: if the insurance company issued a policy to you, they tested you for HIV. Had your test result been positive, they would have to have notified you.

Feel better?

MD with Hiv?
surveys