|MD with Hiv?
Jan 30, 2002
I have just been accepted to medical school. However I am Hiv+ (slow progessor, CD4 normal) I was wondering if I should go and become an internal medicine specialist. Will my Hiv status prevent my employability in the future.
Response from Ms. Breuer
Policy on HIV infection among health care professionals varies by state, but my general understanding is that unless you wish to become a surgeon, your status should not limit you. You can learn more, of course, at the County medical board of the county in which you'd like to practice. Go for it!
HIV+ Elementary Teacher
- Dried Blood And HIV Transmission Risk
- HIV Risk Of Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.