|office retreat -- hot tub
Jan 29, 2002
my boss scheduled an office retreat at a "spa" resort, and several of us enjoyed the hot tub together. I have since found out one of those employees is HIV+. Am I at risk, from being in the tub with her? Should I bow out next time?
Response from Ms. Breuer
Bow out long enough to educate yourself about HIV. It's 2002, 21 years since the discovery of the syndrome. There's all kinds of information out there about transmission. Grab it. You can't make good decisions if you haven't jumped the hot tub hurdle. Okay?
What to do? Part II (First question answered on 1/22)
HIV+ Elementary Teacher
- Why Do I Always Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Pathogen Causes Genital Herpes?
- What Kind Of Blood Test Do You Use For Herpes?
- What Is Mucosal Herpes Infections?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.