|office retreat -- hot tub
Jan 29, 2002
my boss scheduled an office retreat at a "spa" resort, and several of us enjoyed the hot tub together. I have since found out one of those employees is HIV+. Am I at risk, from being in the tub with her? Should I bow out next time?
Response from Ms. Breuer
Bow out long enough to educate yourself about HIV. It's 2002, 21 years since the discovery of the syndrome. There's all kinds of information out there about transmission. Grab it. You can't make good decisions if you haven't jumped the hot tub hurdle. Okay?
What to do? Part II (First question answered on 1/22)
HIV+ Elementary Teacher
- Sore Throat After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Can You Have Surgery If You Have Aids?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.