Thank you and research on HIV/AIDS in workplace continues

Thank you for your response about NGO's HIV/AIDS workplace policies. I will definitely check out the website that you suggested. I will be glad to share the results of my research when I finish. I noticed in your bibliography that you worked with the American Red Cross on their workplace training seminar. That said, do you know if they have a workplace policy (or even just a training program) for their own workers?

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yes, please do share your results! I'd be thrilled to see your findings and perhaps help someone else as a result of what you've learned.

As to American Red Cross policy on training their own workers, I've been out of the organization for 11 years now and do not know whether they've made progress on this issue. Chapters have high degrees of autonomy, so there are as many policies as there are chapters. From the questions I've received, it would appear that CPR instructors are not required to have training in HIV from any angle, but I may be dealing with the exceptions rather than the rule. At ARC's national headquarters in the DC area, there is a whole department focused on HIV/AIDS; I recommend that you call and pose your question in relation to national headquarters staff.

Thank you.

scuba diving and hiv/aids
Re:Job Performance Issues