U.S. Citizenship

Hello I am an HIV + Mexican man since may-2000, at this moment Im not in HAART , feeling great and healthy My questions are as follows. I have had working opportunities in the U.S. but of course I do not have any legal documents that can aloud me to. My employer has asked for me to get a working permit in the U.S. Embassy but Im afraid that they make you test for HIV. I have already called the Embassy but they said that the Immigration Department is the only one that can tell if they can give me the permit the only thing is that it has to be at the moment of soliciting the permit. Is this a serious inconvenient?, cause I have this great opportunity in a very important corporation. Now, my parents are U.S. Residents and in a few months they will be Citizens. Can I apply with them?. Which are the normal regulations for HIV immigration policies ?.. Can this be possible?, Who should I contact for help ?, Do I have to tell the Embassy?, Do I Have to tell my Employer? WHAT SOULD I DO ? Please consider my questions I will appreciate for life. Best Regards JM

Response from Ms. Breuer

These are great questions, and I don't want to give you any incorrect information. I strongly advise you to call your local American Civil Liberties Union office to ask if they have or can refer you to a program that responds to the needs of immigrants with HIV questions. If that doesn't give you a good connection, call your local listing for the County Bar Association and ask the same question. If that doesn't work, call the American Bar Association's AIDS Coordination Project at 202-662-1025 and ask for a referral. You need to talk with an attorney who is familiar with immigration AND HIV. I wish you well!

Please advise
Aids surveys