luv it but it's killing me

My question is should a poz person working in the health field continue to stay helping others when they are having a hard time helping themselves. Being surrounded by the sickly and witnessing other hiv pts getting treated with such disrespect are some of my reasons forleaving this field.Mentally it is draining me, phsically its exhaughting and mostly emotionally it having to put myself through all this when this should be the time to take better care of myself. I love my job but should I be killing myself for it?

Response from Ms. Breuer

You sound as though you want to leave and want us to tell you that's a good idea. There are several ways to respond when an HIV-positive patient is being disrespected. One is to become discouraged. The other is to provide excellent, respectful care yourself (thus making a difference) and to speak up, objecting to substandard care when it's given to anyone (thus making a bigger difference). If you feel as though this is killing you, perhaps you would discover a whole new feeling about it if you spoke up and insisted on respectful care for HIV patients. Who knows what could happen after that?

What to do?
Please advise