Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Dentist office
Jan 22, 2002

Hi! I have a question that may seem a little bit like I am paranoid but I really need to know my risk. Before my husband and I were married, we were both tested for HIV, both are neg. We do not use drugs or have sex with other people. The only thing that concerns me is a dentist visit I once had. THis was almost 2 years ago. I had a root canal done and less then a week later I got a swollen glad behind my ear and a rash that looked like little red dots all over my stomach and arms, and they were all flat. I didn't think to much about until I read that it could be a sign of HIV infection. Also, my husband was tested a year ago again for HIV as a routine test. He was neg then as well. (I know that doesn't mean I am though, but it must mean something. I am 20 weeks pregnant and two days ago went for all my blood work including HIV. I will not know until tomorrow what the results are. I'm not freaking out because of the dentist visit. This dentist is suppose to be one of the cleanist in our area. Even featured on the news once. Could you tell me if I am worried over nothing? Thanks so much!

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yes, you've been worried over nothing. I trust you've received your test results by now, and congratulations on the pregnancy! Have a great time anticipating being a mom.

Previous
FMLA
Next
Am changing jobs; read conflicting info on legal complications re disclosure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.