Where to find information about privacy rights amongst HIV infected patients

To whom it may concern:

I am a college student doing a research project on the privacy rights of HIV/AIDS infected patients when it comes to health care. I have searching and searching for places to find laws for such issues, and am having a great deal of trouble finding specific ones. Could you please point me in the right direction as to where to look. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for you time,

College student at Towson University

Response from Ms. Gabriel

Here are a few suggestions to get you started: first, go to the National AIDS Fund Workplace Resource Center through their website at www.aidsfund.org. Look at the website of David Webber, Esq. he's got lots of information and resources: www.critpath.org/aidslaw/index.html You can also try the ACLU's handbook, "The Rights of HIV+ People" which you can order at www.aclu.org/library/rtshiv.html And, finally, if you haven't already tried it, go to www.aegis.com. They have a great search engine if you have specific issues to research. Good luck!

Lynne Gabriel

HIV + Waitress concerns me
Study Grants for HIV+ Students