Staying with same company, changing insurance plans?

I currently have insurance coverage under the most basic HMO plan that my company offers. However, they have a number of other plans that may cost me a little more out of my paycheck each week, but I think could be more beneficial in the long run. I think my company has open enrollment once a year. During that time, would I be able to switch to a better plan with better coverage? Thanks for your response.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you can afford to make the change, I would recommend switching to the plan that offers you the best coverage for your medical situation.

Lynn L. Franzoi

When to retire?
Terminated for abandoning employment