HIV/AIDS Workplace policy in the NGO context

I am doing research on HIV/AIDS in the workplace. Specifically I am trying to identify if any NGOs are currently implementing HIV/AIDS Workplace policies similar to those in for-profits. I find it very interesting that NGOs, particularly those that make HIV/AIDS programming a priority, are virtually ignoring (from what I have been able to find out)the impact that HIV/AIDS may have on their workforce. I am looking in particular at large NGOs that work internationally, therefore their US staff are better protected in the event of illness as compared to the local staff, often in developing countries, which see thousands of dollars poured into HIV/AIDS projects when their coworkers and or their own families may not have access to the information and care that they need. If you know of any NGOs that are developing such plans that would be very helpful.

Response from Ms. Breuer

This is a great question, and the day I read it, I also received an update from the NGO that is doing the best job I know about in this area. It isn't a US NGO. It's the Thai Business Coalition on AIDS, particularly in the person of Dr. Anthony Pramualratana, its Executive Director. You can learn more about it at www.abconaids.org, which is the website of a ten-country coalition working on HIV as a workplace issue. They consult with companies all over Asia, and I think it would be fascinating to ask them about how they inform and support their own employees.

Please let me know how I can learn more about your findings. This is really interesting.

TOILET SEAT
Have a 'thanks' and a comment, please..