Is HIV a disability

I hate asking this question but is HIV a disability? I have serious Lipodystrophy and unable to work anywhere. I can not wear a tie or clothes, i have gained 60 pounds, most of it on my head. Is there anything I can do??

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yes, HIV is a disability. You describe a truly disabling medical situation. Please immediately contact a benefits counselor at your local AIDS service organization. You need help in working through the Social Security system to receive benefits or with a private disability insurer, whichever covers your situation, and you need it right away. Until your lipodystrophy resolves, you obviously cannot work, and you need support. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this. To the phones! There is help.

When should I tell??
Hivers X Medical School