Am I disabled??

Thank you for providing a valuable resource. I was diagnosed with full-blown AIDS last November when I came down with a severe case of PCP. Since then, my strength has gradually improved. After a three month recuperation, I am working full time once again. However, I don't know how long I can continue this -- the side of effects of the meds, fatigue, etc., raise the possibility of going on disability. My question is this.... Does having AIDS and the fact that I have had Opportunistic infections make the determination of disability "automatic"?? I guess what I'm afraid of is the insurance carrier "forcing" me to work until I end up in the hospital again....

Thanks so much for your response to my question.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

You should review the terms of the long term disability (LTD)coverage, discuss this with your doctor and get his assistance to determine whether or not you are disabled as defined under the terms of your LTD plan.

Lynn L. Franzoi

Help for a foreign
EMPLOYER DENIED HEALTH COVERAGE DUE TO ONE HIV+ EMPLOYEE