The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help for a foreign
Nov 27, 2000

I am an foreign citizen and I will work for a US company from November 2000. They will provide me Medical Insurance through BNP Distributing (Guardian). This type of insurance cover also for HIV+ people need? They could reject me? I am a recent infection and i didn't not need any med so far.

And finally when I will apply for a working visa, which my employ will sponsor, I must advise the US government that I am infected. Thank you very much for your help.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I don't know the answer to your question. To determine what the coverage is, you need to get a copy of the summary plan description that explains what is covered and what the exclusions in the plan are to determine whether or not the plan will provide you the coverage you need.

Lynn L. Franzoi

HIV status and flight attendant
Am I disabled??

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint