Help for a foreign

I am an foreign citizen and I will work for a US company from November 2000. They will provide me Medical Insurance through BNP Distributing (Guardian). This type of insurance cover also for HIV+ people need? They could reject me? I am a recent infection and i didn't not need any med so far.

And finally when I will apply for a working visa, which my employ will sponsor, I must advise the US government that I am infected. Thank you very much for your help.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

I don't know the answer to your question. To determine what the coverage is, you need to get a copy of the summary plan description that explains what is covered and what the exclusions in the plan are to determine whether or not the plan will provide you the coverage you need.

Lynn L. Franzoi

HIV status and flight attendant
Am I disabled??