|HIV status and flight attendant
Nov 27, 2000
I have been offered a conditional job offer as a flight attendant. I am also HIV+ but in good health. This is a naive question, but are flight attendants allowed to be HIV+? I passed the physical. No blood was taken, but now I am worried about the future and possible long term problems or future physical exams. Any help would be appreciated!
| Response from Ms. Franzoi
I don't think an employer can ask your HIV status. In addition, the employer cannot discriminate against you based on your health status.
Lynn L. Franzoi
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.