Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

worry about infectious disease in work place
Dec 30, 2001

I am a health care worker, one day I have touch dried blood in patient's case note, I am so worry about it whether can get any infectious disease through this or not.But this dried blood not stick to my hand.The area that I touch have no cuts .But after 30 - 45 minutes i wash my hand with soap that provide in the ward, but i'm still worry if it still can spread to other part in our hand which we don't realize having tiny cut. Can it' spread the virus eventhough we wash it with soap?

For your information I have already injected with hepatitis B vaccine ( 1st, 2nd and 3rd dose ). Is it still high risk to get infected with HIV or hepatitis ?

Please answer my questions. Thank you.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Contact with dried blood when you have unbroken skin does not put you at risk of hepatitis or HIV. In the future, if you do have contact with blood--dried or wet--you'll feel much better if you make it a habit to wash your hands right away. You are right in thinking that you have to be careful around blood, no matter what condition it's in. You've already done the most important part--hepatitis B injections--and if you add the handwashing, you'll feel much better. Thank you for your question.

Previous
Work anxiety
Next
Which would they use? HIV testing and insurance

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.