when should i return to work?

Good morning!

Thanks for all you all do for us!!!

I was diagnosed with AIDS 13 months ago, then missed 3 out of the 4 next months due to oppertunistic infections. I was semi healthy for 4 months then got sick again and have been out of work for 4 months on L.T.D.

I have missed 7 of 13 months. My viral load is undetectable but my CD4 remains low at 79.

I have had PCP, and sepsis and had to have a splenectomy, I currently have MAC.

I am finally starting to feel better from my surgery and the fevers that went with it.

My questions is how long should I wait to return to work? Should I wait till my CD4 is to a certain level?

I work for A very large corporation, but it is still a burden for them to have me one month at work then be sick the next...

thanks for your help!

Response from Ms. Breuer

Wow! You have really been through it. Your determination to return to work is truly admirable. But don't rush your return. Your health comes first. Your question really is a medical one. Only your health care provider can clear you to return to work. I would guess that with an attitude like yours, you'll get there. Please take care of yourself in the meantime. Your job right now is to heal. Happy New Year!

working with HIV
Work anxiety