Can a hiv + nurse work?
Dec 30, 2001
Iam a RN in a icu. I fear that if I find out I am HIV+ I will not be allowed to work in my specialty area. Are my worries justified? Would I have to tell my employer?
Response from Ms. Breuer
You don't mention the state in which you work. Sometimes that makes a difference. In any case, your best resource is the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, or ANAC. Find them at www.anac.org. They follow and stay current with state laws in all 50 states on this issue.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Sex With Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Causes Of Clear Vaginal Discharge
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.