|Can a hiv + nurse work?
Dec 30, 2001
Iam a RN in a icu. I fear that if I find out I am HIV+ I will not be allowed to work in my specialty area. Are my worries justified? Would I have to tell my employer?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
You don't mention the state in which you work. Sometimes that makes a difference. In any case, your best resource is the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, or ANAC. Find them at www.anac.org. They follow and stay current with state laws in all 50 states on this issue.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can I Still Work As An Nurse If I Have Hiv?
- Registered Nurse With Hiv
- Blowjob From A Prostitute And Possible HIV Exposure
- Bloody Pee After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chills After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.