PLEASE ANSWER!

On Aug.30 I had a needle stick accident, I proceeded to draw blood from a patient with a butterfly needle. I went in and could not find a vein, I came out, I did not see any blood on the needle.When bending to pick up a tube,the needle tapped the side of my hand. I pulled the glove off and I blead a little bit. I washed my hands with soap and clorox immediatedly. Can you give me your opinion on a needle stick with no blood on or inside the needle.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Do you have a needlestick protocol at your workplace? Do you receive training on how to respond to a needlestick? If not, please insist on receiving this training at work, since your work requires you to respond in an informed way.

Needlesticks that have transmitted HIV have involved depressing the syringe and depositing the infected person's blood in the bloodstream of the health care worker. It does not sound at all as though that is what you experienced.

handshakes (afarid & confused)
Can a hiv + nurse work?