under finger nail

Recently I went to a HIV testing site and on my way out I jammed my finger on the door handle. A part of the metal touched under my finger nail. I check my finger and saw no noticable blood or cut. If in fact there was infected blood on the handle is it possible it could seep into my bloodstream? Would such a tiny amount of blood pose a threat? I realize that this is low risk, but I rather have an expert's opinion. Thank you.

Response from Ms. Breuer

When you underwent pre-test counseling, did the counselor review possible risk behaviors with you? I'll bet there was no mention of awkward contact with door handles. Transmission requires direct, immediate contact with your bloodstream or your mucous membrane. Please relax. You and the doorknob did not have a relationship that can transmit HIV.

I was the 'Looking for an answer' writer ..
handshakes (afarid & confused)