I was the 'Looking for an answer' writer ..

Ma'am,

Thank you for posting my question! I was thinking itmight be more of a transmission question, but I have been eriting the transmission part of this website for weeks, to no avail. Here's another quick question, though. I was wondering: if I shook hands with an person of unknown HIV status and they had a cut (but it was covered with a band-aid) could I catch it through my hang-nail open skin if the band-aid had blood on it? And what's the anxiety disorder web site address? Please. IF you could help me or forward this to someone who can answer my questions, I'd greatly appreciate it. As I say, I've been trying the other part of the forum for weeks now.. Thank you very, very much!!

Response from Ms. Breuer

Handshaking? No. Sex, yes. Remember: transmission requires direct, immediate contact between one person's bloodstream and another person's bloodstream, or between one person's infectious fluid and another person's mucous membrane. This virus is fragile, fortunately.

I don't know the address of an anxiety disorder website, but I'd try the American Psychological Association. Their website is easy to use and quite thorough. Good luck,

Nancy

Extend me, Keep me, and dont get rid of me!
under finger nail