Research Paper Question?

Hi, I don't think that mandatory testing should be enforced, and I am in the process of doing a small research paper on the subject of AIDS testing in the workplace. Where could I get statistics on infections related to contact with health workers or are there any? Thanks

M. Chi, FL

Response from Ms. Gabriel

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention keeps statistics on cases of AIDS in healthcare workers. You can access this information at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/hiv_aids/stats

If you are looking for more in depth information about HIV transmission in the healthcare field you may want to contact the National Campaign for Healthcare Worker Safety at http://www.healthcaresafety.com

Good Luck

Lynne Gabriel

AIDS Project Los Angeles

HIV testing in the workplace.
opinion on whether or not AIDS testing is necessary?