Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Research Paper Question?
Dec 17, 1997

Hi, I don't think that mandatory testing should be enforced, and I am in the process of doing a small research paper on the subject of AIDS testing in the workplace. Where could I get statistics on infections related to contact with health workers or are there any? Thanks

M. Chi, FL

Response from Ms. Gabriel

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention keeps statistics on cases of AIDS in healthcare workers. You can access this information at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchstp/hiv_aids/stats

If you are looking for more in depth information about HIV transmission in the healthcare field you may want to contact the National Campaign for Healthcare Worker Safety at http://www.healthcaresafety.com

Good Luck

Lynne Gabriel

AIDS Project Los Angeles

Previous
HIV testing in the workplace.
Next
opinion on whether or not AIDS testing is necessary?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.