|Life Insurance agents & Saliva testing
Mar 23, 1998
I'm a life insurance agent in Canada & my job requires me to conduct saliva test to prospective insurance clients. What is the probability of me contracting aids from this source & just how accurate are these test?
| Response from Ms. Breuer
The saliva test for HIV is an antibody test, not a direct test for the virus itself. You do not risk infection with HIV by conducting these tests.
The accuracy of the antibody test, whether it is performed on blood or on saliva, is generally calculated at 99.8%.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Accurate Is Hiv Saliva Test?
- Seroconverting After Sex With A Prostitute
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.