HIV TEST TROUGH HEALTH PLAN OR HOME ACCESS

After now stopping years of high risk behavior, it's time for another HIV test. I've got a new job that I love, and am doing very well there. We've got a great insurance plan. What issues could be involved in choosing to get an HIV test from my health plan provider or getting a Home Access test??

Response from Ms. Gabriel

I believe your question is the difference between anonymous and confidential testing. As you know, when you get tested through your healthcare provider, your name is attached to the test. Testing through Home Access (the home collection device) your results are never connected with your name. Your level of comfort in testing through your healthcare provider is something only you can determine.

Should you decide to test using the home collection (Home Access) or at an anonymous test site (if available in your city) and the test is positive, you would need to test again through your healthcare provider in order to receive treatment. The important thing, as you know, is that you get tested. Congratulations on taking care of yourself by stopping the high risk behavior. Good luck.

Lynne Gabriel

mandatory HIV testing
Mandatory Testings