End of Year and Benefits Max Out.

In Dec. when I went to have my medicine filled the pharmacist informed me that my prescription coverage had max out. Luckily a friend helped me out but if financially slammed both of us. What are my options so that this dosen't occur again in 1998. I live in new jersey and work part time in new york. THANKS!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Review your policy to see what the maximum allowable is each year for prescription drugs. Shop pharmacies for lower costs on medications to try to work within this limit. In addition, if there is a mail order program available to you or there is a generic drug that you can take instead of a brand name (there probably won't be generic drugs for most AIDS medications but there might be generics for certain medications you take), opt for these as this will reduce your costs.

Lynn Franzoi

Reinstate Life Insurance Policy
Can future insurers exclude or cap HIV coverage?