HIPPA and COBRA

I am currently in the final stages of interviewing for a new position. The potential employer has a 90 waiting period for benefits. My question is, if I COBRA my health insurance for the 90 period, does this count as continuous coverage under HIPPA in regards to the 63 day lapse clause relating to pre-existing conditions. My current employer nor the prospective employer are aware of my HIV status so this question would certainly raise some red flags if posed. Also, the prospective employer is in another State and I am not familiar with that State's laws regarding HIV. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Response from Ms. Breuer

Yes. The COBRA coverage would be considered creditable coverage under HIPAA.

Case Management Agencies/Worth It?
Changing to a new job and not have insurance coverage for 1.5month