Issues When Moving From individual Ins. to Employer Group Plan

Here is my question. I successfully moved from a group COBRA health insurance plan to an individual plan with a large local health insurance company over 1 year ago. I am considering taking a position with a company in an another state which has the typical 3-tier health plan options. I am very uncomfortable in asking the new company about the pre-existing health exclusion issue at this time. I understand that there are group plan to group plan coverage transfer provisions thanks to HIPAA for pre-existing conditions. Do those same requirements for the new company being obligated to give me credit for 12 months of continuous coverage apply to people like me who want to transfer into the group plan from an individual plan? I am paying through the nose for health insurance right now, and the prospect of insurance covering my expenses is the main motivating factor in me taking this job. Otherwise, I will have to get much more money out of these people to make this all work. Thanks for your insight and guidance!

Response from Ms. Franzoi

Yes, the HIPAA regulations apply.

Lynn

Separate Insurance For HIV Treatments
private vs. group