Transfer of insurance

I was recently interviewing for a position with a new company (I'm still employed by the old one). The new company has a 60 day period before benefits begin. If I use COBRA to maintain my old benefits, will I be able to continue under the new insurance without a pre-existing condition? Do I need to get something from my current HR dept proving insurance?

Also, unrelated to these questions, I did see in the Medical forum that Sustiva can cause a false positive test for marijuana and some other drugs which could be the problem for the person who asked that question previously. They should use a different type test when it is disclosed that Sustiva is being taken...which I'm sure they did not do. Hope that can help.

Response from Ms. Franzoi

If you continue to carry COBRA coverage during the 60-day qualifying period for your new employer's plan, even if that plan has a preexisting condition clause, the new employer will have to recognize your period of coverage under your prior employer's plan towards that preexisting condition period. You will need a certificate of creditable coverage from your prior employer to present to your new employer.

Your prior employer is required by law to provide this to you.

Lynn

Restrictions on conversion policies
hiv pre-existing condition?