|hiv in workplace
Jan 8, 2004
I am a HIV postitive nurse. What kind of work can I do now? Should I not work in the hospital setting or be restricted from other areas of nursing? Nursing was my calling and I am torn between ethics and confidentiality.
Response from Ms. Breuer
Who told you that nurses with HIV couldn't work as nurses? It isn't true!
First, check with your own employer's policy on bloodborne pathogens and disclosure. Unless you are performing blind invasive procedures, you may not face restrictions.
Then take yourself quickly to the Web site of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care, ANAC, and learn from their extensive experience with HIV+ nurses. You have LOTS of options within nursing.
New AIDS diagnosis
pre-existing clause questions
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Condom Leak Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Touching Vaginal Fluid Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.