|getting off spouses insurance
Apr 9, 2007
i have been on my wifes insurance since 1998 was diagnosed 2001. i am looking for a job and will need my own insurance. my wife is dropping me from her policy. will cobra be available to me?
Response from Ms. Franzoi
Why is your wife dropping you from coverage? If it is due to a legal separation or divorce or because she is losing coverage due to termination of employment or a reduction in hours, you will be eligible for COBRA. If not, you won't be eligible for COBRA but would qualify for a HIPAA policy as long as you do not have a break in coverage greater than 63 days.
Pressure From Disability Insurance Company.
Life Insurance for HIV Infected
- How Long Does A Sore Throat Last With Early Hiv?
- Can I Get Hep C From Swallowing Semen?
- What Color Is The Fluid Inside Herpes Blisters?
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.